Do's and Don'ts while choosing a foundation for sensitive skin - Foundation Tips
- If you have a sensitive skin, applying the wrong foundation can make your complexion drier and worse than before. Fortunately, there are so many upcoming conscious and well-combined foundations with different ingredients for a particular skin type.
- The biggest attention to pay when finding a foundation for your thin-skin is the components list. You must not fully judge by its fragrance, avoid the foundation that contains alcohol as it makes your skin harsh. Also, keep your skin away from waterproof foundations, they can be really stiff to remove and it also clogs pores.
- Choosing a mineral makeup can be an astonishing option if you have soft skin, and brands like Neutrogena and RMS might be worth trying because their focal point is on creating products that don’t damage your skin.
- As a universal thumb rule, there are a number of ingredients which must be avoided when you have sensitive skin. The most frequent skin irritants are fragrance and alcohol, which are usually found in makeup!
- Oils like jojoba oil and coconut oil can really be helpful for sensitive skin. For those with gluten allergies, it is obviously good thought to look for gluten-free methods.
- If your skin is, in fact, sensitive and responding poorly to the things you try, it is a good idea to confer with a dermatologist or physician, as effects in the skin can often be connected to other problems occurring within.
Rules for application of foundation
- Always keep in mind, that applying fewer is better than more.
- There's nothing beautiful about Backed-up makeup face.
- Choose the right type and right tone of the foundation that matches your skin.
- Make sure your skin is clean. Wash it with clean water and pat dry your face.
- Whatever your skin type, apply moisturizer before putting on makeup.
- Put dots of foundation all over your face and then smoothly blend in the skin with a sponge.
- Don't put on too much of the layers. Let it look natural.
Different foundations for different skin types
We all are not the same! We have different skin compared to the other and the best foundation tips or any other beauty products is to choose a product based on our skin type. The different foundations available are:
- Liquid Foundation
Liquid foundation can come in water based or oil based. The most important foundation tip is that Choose a foundation according to your skin type, like water base is for oily skin and oil based is for dry skin. It gives light to medium treatment and smoothes out the pigmented part of the face. This comes in a satin or matte variety.
- Cream Foundation
The cream foundation works best on all skin except oily skin type. This foundation is suited for heavier coverage.
- Stick Foundation
Stick foundation is very easy to apply as it glides on the skin. It is also used as a highlighter and concealer to make the face more solemnize.
- Pressed Powder Foundation
This is especially for oily and sensitive skin. Most excellent for light coverage or as finishing dust. Pressed powder foundation has matte finish look and soaks up excess oil.
- Mineral Foundation
Mineral foundation comes in all three types; loose, pressed or liquid. Best foundation for sensitive skin and absolutely works well to even out skin tone. Gives light to medium coverage, it is available as a matte finish, shiny shade.
Best Foundations for Sensitive Skin
Foundations come in many different types, from liquid, mousse to powder and cream. Best tip is to hit upon a foundation that craft your skin matte and shine-free. Try an oil-absorbing foundation which will disappear on your skin and should never highlight fine lines, wrinkles. Even that will not look cakey on your face. It should wrap redness, irregular tone and gives a natural and light look. Most skin tones look elegant with yellow based makeup. After searching far and wide, these are the finest foundations I want to highlight for sensitive skin.
1. Sephora 10 Hr Wear Perfection Foundation
10 Hr wear perfection foundation by Sephora do so many works for sensitive skin. Conceal blemishes, hide pigmentation marks, dark spots, and scars, and provides a natural, beautiful finish.
This formula merges with your skin tends to generate an unseen veil, like another skin that gets a feel for all the actions of the face for best possible comfort all-day long. Hyaluronic acid softens the skin, whereas, antioxidant vitamin E defend against exterior stressors.
2. MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation
MAC Studio fix powder plus foundation is a two in one helpmate that provides a matte texture with medium to full coverage.
3. Shiseido Sheer And Perfect Foundation SPF18
Sheer and Perfect Foundation abandon the look of redness, blemishes, and visible pores without hiding skin’s natural beauty. After applying this foundation skin appears bright and shine with sheer perfection and undoubtedly protects from harsh rays of the sun.
Also Read: The Top 10 Benefits Of Wearing Makeup
4. Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing Treatment Foundation
Bobbi Brown is a revolutionary, long-wearing liquid base urbanized with Light reflecting technology that instantly adds natural radiance to the skin.
It contains sodium hyaluronate, glycerin, and muru seed, also butter that provides instantaneous & enduring hydration, mix together with milk thistle extort & natural collagen stimulators for lifting & firming action, which indeed turns skin soft and smooth.
5. Givenchy Teint Couture Foundation SPF 20 '2 Elegant Shell'
Givenchy Teint Couture Foundation itself describing its properties, it contains SPF 20 which of course going to protect your skin from the heat of the sun and also the layer of your skin form other cosmetic product as well.
This foundation is great for sensitive skin type where they easily get affected by surrounding and artificial products.
With the increase in the demand for beauty products, we were bombarded with the huge number of brands serving the cosmetics. One has to be very careful in choosing a product by knowing all the ingredients and chemicals used in the manufacturing of the product. The above-mentioned foundation tips and the suggested products can help you in maintaining your skin healthy.